Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2020

SLJ Tasks

 Today I did one of my SLJ tasks. My task was to create a Catapult with things around the house.  This is how i made it.  First i put the three tubes together using rubber bands. Secondly with masking tape, I connected it to a box and then stacked two boxes underneath it. Thirdly I connected the spoon to the tubes with string and masking tape. I connected string and rubber bands as a rope connecting to a bucket filled with cans. That is how I made my Catapult. Here it is I hope you like it.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Laylah! It is Kayla from Ohaeawai School. What a cool catapult! Have you thought about how far the ball could go? I also liked how most of the materials were recycled! Next time you could mesure how far it goes with different objects, to see if it makes a difference.

    Blog ya later!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Laylah, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Ka pai on your blogpost, your catapult looks really powerful and I love that you showed a demonstration on how it works - that looks so awesome. I also really liked that you included an explanation of what materials you used and photos of you making the catapult!

    I am so happy to see that you have signed up to participate in the Summer Learning Journey! I have included a link to the Summer Learning Journey blog here so that you can see the 2020 activities that you will need to complete in order to be eligible to receive points and win prizes. Check out the two activities that were posted earlier today (December 16).

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the excellent work - I can’t wait to see your future blog posts!
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi laylah. I liked you cool catapult. It inspired me to something to do myself. but I wanted to have it for my bunny. blog you later

    ReplyDelete